Best Insurance For Multiple Cars in Atlanta, GA – A 2022 Collector’s Special
Last updated: 3rd February, 2022
Do you live in Atlanta, Georgia, and have more than one car? If so, then this blog post is for you! You might be wondering what the best insurance for multiple cars in Atlanta is. This article will answer all of your questions about best insurance for multiple cars in Atlanta. We’ll talk about how many vehicles one can insure at a time as well as how to get a multi-car discount on your insurance plan. We’ll also be giving our readers a list of the top 5 best insurance companies for multiple cars in Atlanta, Georgia.
Moreover, we will also provide an ultimate guide on finding the perfect plan that suits your needs. Many factors determine the best rate for multiple vehicles, which we will cover now!
How Much Does the Best Insurance for Multiple Cars in Atlanta Cost?
The cost of multi-car insurance varies depending on several factors. The most crucial factor is the type of policy that you choose. There are three types of policies: liability, collision, and comprehensive.
- If you are at fault in an accident, liability insurance protects other people and their property. The law requires this type of insurance in all states. The cost of liability insurance is usually low.
- Collision insurance will cover the damage to your vehicle if you are at fault in an accident. The law does not require Collision insurance, but it is highly recommended.
- Comprehensive insurance covers damage to your vehicle caused by events other than a collision, such as theft or vandalism. Comprehensive insurance is also not required by law, but it is a good idea to have it if you can afford it. Comprehensive insurance costs vary depending on the amount of coverage you purchase and the type of vehicle you own. Still, it is usually more expensive than liability insurance.
Now that you know some of the different types of policies, we can talk about rates. The cost of liability insurance is usually meager because the risk for the insurance company is low. Comprehensive and collision insurance are more expensive because they cover more events. However, the cost of these policies is worth it to protect your vehicle.
The best way to find the most affordable car insurance is to get free quotes and compare them. Fill out the form on our homepage to receive a free quote, and we will get back to you.
How Many Cars Can One Insure Under Their Name in Atlanta?
One can insure multiple cars under their name in Atlanta as long as they are listed on the policy. You can typically insure up to five vehicles under your name. However, this varies from company to company. Usually, the more cars added to a policy, the cheaper the rate will be per car. So, if you have two or three cars that you need to insure, it is worth adding them all to one policy. Doing so will save you money and make things much simpler for you.
What is a Multi-Car Discount, and How Can One Get It?
Did you know that insuring multiple cars can lead to about $700 or more in yearly car insurance premium savings? There are a few ways to get a multi-car discount on their insurance plan.
- The most common way is to bundle your insurance policies with one company. For example, suppose you have home insurance and auto insurance with the same company, you will likely discount your auto insurance policy.
- Another way to get a multi-car discount is to insure all of your cars with the same company. If you have two or three cars that are all insured with the same company, you will likely receive a discount.
- Another great option is getting an excellent driving record (i.e., no accidents or speeding tickets), saving you money on your insurance premiums.
- Moreover, paying for all of the policies upfront instead of paying monthly usually results in a significant discount!
The best way to find out if you are eligible for a multi-car discount is to speak with an insurance agent. They will tell you what discounts are available to you and how you can qualify for them.
Does the coverage need to be the same on each vehicle?
No, the coverage does not need to be the same on each car. For example, you can insure one vehicle for liability only and another with comprehensive insurance. According to getjerry.com, your policy’s liability coverage limits are calculated as a total for all of the vehicles specified. As a result, the coverage limits for this section of the insurance must be the same. However, this is not the case for specific vehicle physical damage limits. Collision and comprehensive coverage do not have to be the same.
What happens if I cancel my multi-car insurance policy in one of the cars?
Suppose you cancel your multi-car insurance policy in one of the cars. In that case, your policy will still insure all remaining vehicles as long as they are on a single plan. However, if you canceled it from all of them, none would be covered until another policy is purchased.
Companies That Provide Best Insurance for Multiple Cars in Atlanta, Georgia
Several companies provide the best insurance for multiple cars in Atlanta, Georgia. We have curated a list of the best companies below.
- State Farm: State Farm’s rates are very affordable, and they always have many promotions available for their customers. The best thing about having a policy with them is that it will never lapse because one can suspend or cancel the insurance at any time if needed.
- Allstate: Allstate provides multi-car policies in Atlanta, GA as well. They offer great rates on all of their plans and discounts depending on how many cars you insure under your name (i.e., bundling). Their customer service is outstanding! If anything ever goes wrong while you’re driving around town, call them up to report an accident or vandalism; they’ll take care of everything else from then on out!
- Farmers Insurance: Farmers is a great company to go with if you look for comprehensive coverage. They have various policies to choose from, and they always have excellent rates. Plus, their customer service is fantastic- so you know you’re in good hands!
- GEICO: GEICO is recognized for offering some of the lowest insurance rates in the market. Not only do they offer low premiums, but they also have a great selection of plans to choose from. So, whether you are looking for liability or comprehensive insurance, GEICO has you covered!
- Progressive Insurance: Progressive is another excellent company that offers cheap rates and a variety of plans to choose from. They are perfect for people who are looking for extensive coverage.
These are just a few examples of the best insurance companies for multiple cars insurance in Atlanta, GA. Be sure to do your research to find the right company for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I suspend my policy in one of the cars?
Yes, you can suspend your policy in one of the cars. This means that the insurance for that car will not be active, but it will not lapse either. If you decide to reinstate the policy later, there may be a fee associated with doing so.
Q. Do auto insurance rates vary depending on who is identified as the primary driver for a vehicle?
Yes. Your insurance prices are influenced by your driving record, age, and frequently gender, therefore whoever is designated as the primary driver for a certain car will have an impact on the rates for that vehicle.
Q. Can you insure 3 cars with one policy?
Yes, multi-car insurance is a type of insurance that covers many vehicles under the same policy. It has all of the benefits of single-car coverage with the extra bonus of a discount for the second vehicle.
Q. Can I get multiple insurance quotes at once?
Yes. It is even considered critical to obtain quotations from at least three different firms when purchasing new insurance.
Q. Does it cost double to insure two cars?
In general, insuring two or more vehicles on the same policy, often known as a multi-vehicle plan, is usually less expensive. This is due to the fact that most insurance companies provide substantial savings for multi-car coverage.